Some of the volunteering opportunities with the Epilepsy Foundation include:
Epilepsy Foundation Stores – Retail Assistant roles
Our community of supporters donate good quality recycled clothing and merchandise which helps us raise funds. There’s no holiday close down period for us! Op Shop sales help us support more people living with epilepsy. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will make all Op Shop customers feel welcome. Complete tasks like sales, promotion, cash handling and visual merchandising. Motivation for volunteering differs between individuals: giving back, sharing expertise, gaining experience, developing new skills and experience. Whatever your motivation, we highly value our volunteers and offer roles that are fun, fulfilling and offer a great opportunity to learn from industry professionals. The Epilepsy Foundation is an approved organisation to host job seekers undertaking voluntary work as a Centrelink activity. Click the button below to read the Position Description.
Volunteer Marketing Support Officer – Walk for Epilepsy (W4E)
We are seeking two digitally savvy people to provide ongoing support in the development and implementation of our marketing and PR strategy. You should be someone who loves social and digital media, and who feels comfortable meeting and working with new people. This is a great opportunity for highly-organised and proactive people to really make a difference in their community.
Choose your own hours and days of work. We’re looking for a commitment of 5 hours per week commencing approximately 1st August and one month post event for debriefing / collating stats: approximately 25th November. You’ll be working at our Head Office in Surrey Hills. As knowledge builds, Working from Home arrangements are possible.
Top five Tasks
- Schedule approved content into Hootsuite/Canva/Creator Studio for publishing
- Monitor the social media community and flag questions, comments and queries
- Create a resource pack/marketing collateral for fundraising events (e.g. Purple Day and W4E)
- General adhoc admin tasks
- Assist with producing marketing reports and analysisng campaign performance
This is an ideal role for someone who would like to develop their digital marketing skills, and would be well-suited to a current university student or recent graduate.
You must hold a National Police Certificate issued within the last 12 months. If you are a candidate experiencing financial hardship, the Epilepsy Foundation will cover the cost for you
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume to Georgia Tappy, Social Media Coordinator, to: email@example.com By closing date: 11.59 pm, Wednesday 21st July 2021.
Administrative Volunteering – Individuals with specialist skills
Depending on vacancies, at any given time we seek candidates for:
- Data Entry Operators
- Administrative Support Officers
- Short-term Project Managers
- Single-day volunteers to support Walk for Epilepsy
- Occasional photographers and/or videographers
Click on the buttons below to see the Administration Support and Data Entry Position Descriptions.
If you would like to apply to become an Epilepsy Foundation volunteer please enter your details below:
Privacy and Insurance
- Privacy and confidentiality is central to Epilepsy Foundation operations. Your personal details are collected and stored in line with Privacy Legislation. Our privacy statement can be viewed on our website Click here
- The Epilepsy Foundation is bound by legislation to retain a volunteer’s private information for seven (7) years for roles that have client contact.
- Completing this form ensures that you are formally registered for our volunteer programs and covered under the Epilepsy Foundation’s insurance policy while working with us as a volunteer. Details are available from the Epilepsy Foundation.